Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 14, 2009

How to Make a Menu Bar Below Your Header

Hey guys, I've finally figured out how to make a menu bar below my header. I got my cousin to teach me some stuff about editting HTMLs and whatnot, so I think I got this one down. Although, I haven't figured out how to make them like 'buttons' so to speak. For example, on the blog Adori Graphics, she has buttons for her menu bar.
     To tell you the truth, I'm not that far ahead. But I'll have to learn eventually! Here is a tutorial for those of you who want to know how to do this;

1. First of all, you have to go under the LAYOUT view of your blog.
2. Click on EDIT HTML.
3. We are about to change your HTML. This part is really tricky so I'd suggest copying your HTML into some kind of word document before doing this or it could be totally messed up! And then you'd prabably yell at me and that wouldn't be too good now would it?
4.  Now you want to find the place where it says:

5. Change the MAXWIDGETS="1" to MAXWIDGETS="3"
6. Change SHOWADDELEMENT="no" to SHOWADDELEMENT="yes"
7. Okay, now scroll down (this will be near the bottom) until you see this:
 
8. And, again, change SHOWADDELEMENT="no" to SHOWADDELEMENT="yes"
9. Okay, last thing with changin' the HTML. Not lying. Find this code:

10. And then change the SHOWADDELEMENT="no" to... Well.... SHOWADDELEMENT="yes"
11. Preview your changes and if it looks EXACTLY the same as before you changed the HTML, then you DID IT! Hooray for you!
12.  Now you get to press OK! :)
13. Go back into the 'Page Elements' part of your LAYOUT view. There should be two extra bars on there surrounding your header. One on top of your header and one on bottom. If you want to add bottom buttons then click on 'add gadget' and choose 'text'. Then you can link things and VOILA!

A MENU BAR!

Way to go! Now if that doesn't get you your menu bar then I'm afraid you're HTML-challenged and should probably look to see what you did wrong!
'Kay guys, there you go, hope you enjoy your awesomeness or your amazing blogs and suchity such!
Love you tasty lil' lemon drops! :)